Several academic institutions in the New York City area offer educational and vocational training programs for research staff, which is a key resource for the area’s growing bioscience research and product development activities. These offerings include laboratory technician training programs and masters degree programs in biotechnology and underlying sciences.
- College of Staten Island, Department of Biology
- Hofstra University, Division of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering and Computer Science
- Hunter College, Graduate Programs in Biology, Biotechnology and Biopsychology
- Hunter College, School of Health Sciences, Medical Laboratory Sciences Program
- New York Botanical Garden, International Plant Science Center
- St. John’s University, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Biotechnology Program
- SUNY Farmingdale Medical Laboratory Technology Program